I've mentioned before that I was making a list of 30 things to do before I'm 30. I've still got over two years to do all these things, but I wanted to get a list done so I could start checking things off. Then when the big day gets here I can at least say I've accomplished a few little things in 30 years. So, without further ado, I introduce my 30 before 30...
1. Take the Bear to Disney World
2. Run in (and finish) a 10 K
3. Finish the damn hutch
4. Enter a really good picture in the fair
5. Sew a dress I'll actually wear
6. Sew a quilt (even if it's just a baby quilt)
7. Learn to open champagne
8. Finish the Bear's baby book and birth scrapbook
9. Finish our wedding album
10. Throw Danny a kickin' 30th birthday party
11. Learn to use Photoshop
12. Take a long weekend just Danny and I
13. Finish the Bear's crocheted baby blanket
14. Learn to make creme brulee
15. Take riding lessons and become comfortable with riding
16. Have most of our last credit card paid off
17. Start Bear's "Rules for Life" book
18. Be a stay at home mom (or at least only work part time)
19. Go to the Atlanta Aquarium, World of Coke, and the Bodies Exhibit
20. Learn how to jump start a car
21. Find and join a church
22. Learn to skillfully apply eyeshadow
23. Find a flattering red lipstick. And wear it. In public.
24. Get the patio set up as an outdoor living space
25. Finish this list...done
26. Make a video of Bear's first year
27. Get props and backdrops to use for photos
28. Hang pictures in our house
29. Do that "list of questions for your parents"
30. Do better about keeping up with a journal
So there ya go. Thirty things I want to do before I'm 30. I love to make lists because it makes me feel like I've really accomplished something when I look back and have a bunch of stuff crossed off. And would you look at that? I've already done number 25! It took me a while to think of 30 things that warranted going on to the list so I wasn't sure I'd actually ever finish it. I'm already on my way! See, crossing something off helps to keep me motivated.
I've got two bonus things that I'd love to get done and may give myself extra credit for in case I don't get something else done.
Bonus #1 Organize our home so that it functions better for the way we live.
Bonus #2 Throw myself a kickin' 30th birthday party.
Those are pretty big. My house overwhelms me so we'll see if that gets done. I've always thought it was kind of tacky to throw yourself a birthday party but I just might get over that. We'll see. If I accomplish everything on this list I'll throw a party just to celebrate that.
Anyway, I'll keep you posted on the progress of the 30 before 30 list. This should be interesting. And just because no post is complete without a picture of the Bear...