Tuesday, November 30, 2010

At 10 months...

I can't believe you're already 10 months old. You've been in this world as a whole person longer than you were in my belly. It amazes me all the time how much you've grown and the new things you're doing all the time. I enjoyed your first Thanksgiving so much and can't wait to watch you experience your first Christmas. You are such a funny little Bear. Your personality develops more and more all the time.

At 10 months you...
-crawl on all fours
-crawl really fast! You're in a different room (and doing something you shouldn't) faster than I can catch you
-pull up to stand on any and everything. This means coffee and end tables have to be cleaned off.
-cruise the furniture
-love Morty the Moose. You carry him everywhere you go.
-have gotten tubes in your ears
-cry when Mommy and Daddy leave you
-don't love a bath like you used to. I don't think the ear plugs help with that.
-look for an item when I take it from you and hide it. You don't fall for the bait and switch anymore.
-cry when you want something
-bite. You think its funny when Mommy tells you no.
-do your "silly laugh." It sounds kind of goat-like. You do it a lot when you're being a stinker.
-have four teeth. Two on top, two on bottom. And a fifth peeking through.
-still hate to get dressed. Especially your shirt over your head.
-don't like to have your face or nose wiped. You cry and get mad.
-could care less about a sippy cup. You bang it around and chew on the spout and bottom of the cup.
-don't care anything about juice either.
-not only reach/lean for who you want to go to, but lean away when you don't want to go to someone else.

And this is what you look like at 10 months...


You're always standing!


A close up of those toothies...


And the sweet face your Mama and Daddy love...


The hours drag sometimes, but the days fly right by me. I find myself worrying about the wrong things...dishes, laundry, the dust you could write your name in. I have to remind myself all the time that this sweet face will not always look for me to play with him. I try to keep the word intentional at the forefront of my thoughts. I find myself saying "I meant to..." a lot. And I do mean to do things, but time always gets away from me. I have to be intentional about what I do everyday otherwise the days when he climbs up my leg while I do dishes or does his "silly laugh" and crawls faster to get to something he wants while I chase him...these times will be gone. He will be grown and moved away without me having done so many things that "I meant" to do. Like take him to the park...another thing "I meant to do" before it got too cold.

I have so many sweet pictures to share of Thanksgiving. Check back soon, I'll get them up ASAP.

Edit: I have changed the settings so that you can comment without having a special ID. From what I understand you previously had to have a Google ID to be able to leave comments. I think I now have it set up so that you don't have to do that. Comment away!

No comments:

Post a Comment