Friday, October 15, 2010

Embrace the Camera: October 14

Time for the latest installment of Embrace the Camera. I don't know why I always wait for Thursday night to take our picture, it results in me looking like a mess and pictures that I don't just love. I know this happens on Thursday. Why not do a little planning and take the picture early in the week or over the weekend? That way if he would rather play with the duck than sit still and take a picture with Mommy, it's no big deal. Try again later. But we don't do it like that. I wait until 8 pm (when I should be putting him in bed) so that I can post it that night after I put him to bed. Oh yeeeaaaah...now I remember why I don't do it before! I wait until the last minute to do everything! Hello. My name is Lauren and I am a procrastinator. They say the first step to recovery is admittance. I admitted this a long time ago and I'm still a procrastinator. Guess they should've said something about a second step.

While thinking about why I wait until so late to do this, I had an epiphany. This is the point of Embrace the Camera. It's supposed to be what you look like and do in real life. Day in and day out. If it was about having your hair and make-up just right with fantastic lighting, I could go to the studio and have our pictures professionally taken. Which is always great, but it's not real life. In real life, I never wear make-up. I usually straighten my hair, but not always. Either way, it ends up in a pony tail or clip of some kind when I get home from work. I change into a t-shirt and pajama pants too. And I procrastinate. That's real life. That's our life right now. One day I hope to welcome my family home to a perfectly clean house with dinner on the table while wearing a dress, perfectly spotless apron, heels, and pearls. But, alas, not at this time of our lives. I'm doing good to cook dinner, much less the other stuff.

So, maybe one day I'll look decent for an Embrace the Camera post. One day, I'll get my act together and do it before so that it's a picture I'm really proud of. And that will be the picture we look back on one day and I tell Bear, "That one...that one took me all day to get. I combed both our hair, put us both in beautiful outfits. That one was work." But it won't be my favorite. It'll be too posed, too perfect, too planned to really be us.

I didn't ask him, but I thought it would be fun for Daddy to Embrace the Camera as well...

The Bear doesn't normally lay his head on your shoulder. Typically he has to see what's going on all over the room. But he's been doing it a little lately and it always tugs at my heart.

I tried without success to put the Embrace the Camera button on here. It is very frustrating when I don't understand technology. I can copy the code but not paste it, go figure. So go here to check out the gal who originated Embrace the Camera. She isn't hosting her usual Embrace the Camera because she has something MUCH bigger going on over there this week.

Emily and her family are in the process of adopting a little girl from Africa. As I'm sure you know, this is a very costly process. She's doing a very cool fundraiser that she's calling Share the Love. There are five bundles that you can put in for. Go check it out and buy an entry to win some very cool stuff. Worse case scenario: you don't win, but you've helped a family bring their child home. Best case scenario: you win and help a family bring home their child. Win-win. Good stuff.

That's a wrap! Meet you back here this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment