Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy {Belated} Birthday!

My wonderful husband turned 29 this past Saturday. Unfortunately he was out of town, so we celebrated on Sunday instead. I thought all last week about doing this for his birthday, but the day got away from me. So, in my usual fashion, I am late... But I'd still like to tell my husband 29 reasons I love him. On his birthday and everyday. These are in no particular order.

29. You aren't afraid of a dirty diaper. You don't like them, but you aren't scared of them.
28. You aren't afraid of hard work either. You work hard at your job and you do it well.
27. You think the Bear always deserves a new toy. You want him to have the best of everything.
26. You don't mind going with the flow.
25. Or sticking to a schedule. Whatever works.
24. You tell me what I need to hear even if I don't want to hear it.
23. You love to hear the Bear laugh and do anything possible to make him laugh.
22. You do your fair share in helping with the bedtime routine. You feed him, wipe him up, give him his meds. This helps me tremendously in getting ready for the next day.
21. You always ask how my day was.
20. You encourage me to get out and do things that don't involve the Bear.
19. You get up with us on weekend mornings even when I try to let you sleep in. I'd like for you to sleep but I'm always ready to start our day as a family.
18. You give good hugs.
17. You make me laugh at myself.
16. You are so excited about sharing your hobbies with the Bear.
15. You know every one of my flaws. And love me anyway.
14. You work really hard to be a good Daddy and husband.
13. You love your cowboy boots.
12. You don't mind that I come home and go straight into my pj's. Or that "going out" these days means little more than jeans and a clean t-shirt.
11. But you always compliment me when I make an effort to look nice.
10. You have loved me since the dawn of time (well, high school feels like it was that long ago).
9. You are crazy about the Bear.
8. You get as excited as I do about new things he does.
7. You worry about things so that I don't have to.
6. You are passionate about the things you love to do. Fishing is as essential as breathing for you.
5. Because you love the outdoors so much, you join causes to protect it.
4. You are proud to be an American. You are always up on current events and politics so that you can do as much as possible to make your voice heard.
3. You always do the right thing and expect others to do the same.
2. You are a good man. Plain and simple, you are just a good man.
1. You love your family with everything you have.

We love you, Daddy! The bear and I hope you had a good birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment